Non-European and European students are welcome to apply to the Master WAVES. Requirements are:
- A Bachelor (First cycle, 180 ECTS) in Acoustics or related disciplines (mathematics, physics, mechanical, electrical or civil engineering, computer science),
- English proficiency, because all courses are taught in English.
The applications are examined by the selection board of the consortium. The selection criteria, which aims at recruiting top level candidates, will be based on:
with a GPA (Grade Point Average) of at least 75% of the scale maximum is required.
Files will be ranked by the selection board and all students that finalized their application will be notified of the decision: main list, reserve list, or rejection.
About 15 two-years EMJMD Scholarships can be obtained during the selection procedure. Eligibility to these scholarships is defined according to the Erasmus Program. In addition to the information in this page, please refer to the website of the Erasmus Plus Programme Guide for exhaustive description:
- Students who have previously obtained an EMJMD scholarship or an Erasmus Mundus Master Course/Joint Doctorate scholarship are not eligible to apply for an additional scholarship under the EMJMD action.
- EMJMD scholarship holders cannot benefit from another EU funded scholarship scheme to follow the same EMJMD course and this for the entire period of the course.
- EMJMD students scholarships are awarded exclusively for a full-time enrolment in one of the course editions.
- A minimum of 75% of EMJMD scholarships will be earmarked for candidates from Partner Countries. The students who are residents or have carried out their main activity (studies, training or work) for more than a total of 12 months over the last 5 years in any Programme Country will be considered as Programme country students. The 5-years reference period for this 12 months rule is calculated backwards as from the submission deadline of applying for an EMJMD student scholarship.
- No more than 3 candidates with the same nationality can be awarded an EMJMD scholarship during the same intake.
The amount of the scholarships (monthly allowance + contribution to Travel and Installation) given to the selected students differ from the country of origin of the students:
- Programme Countries students: Students whose citizenship is one of the Erasmus+ Program countries (ie Member States of the European Union (EU) and Former Yougoslav Republic of Macedonia, Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein, Turkey).
- Partner Countries students: All the students who are not Programme Countries students.
The EMJMD scholarships include student participation costs (including the tuition fees, full insurance coverage and any other mandatory costs related to student participation in the course), a contribution to student travel and installation cost and a subsistence allowance for the entire duration of the EMJMD study programme:
- Contribution to subsistence costs: 1 000 EUR per month for the entire duration of the EMJMD study programme (24 months maximum). Contribution to subsistence costs will not be given to the scholarship holders for the EMJMD periods (study/research/placement/thesis preparation) spent in their country of residence, nor to scholarship holders from a Partner Country for the EMJMD periods exceeding one trimester (i.e. 3 months or the equivalent of 15 ECTS credits) spent in any Partner Country.
- Contribution to the travel and installation costs:
- 1 000€ per year for scholarship holders resident in a Programme Country.
- or 2 000€ per year for travel costs + 1 000€ for installation costs for scholarship holders resident in a Partner Country whose location is situated at less than 4 000km from the EMJMD coordinating HEI.
- or 3 000€ per year for travel costs + 1 000€ for installation costs for scholarship holders resident in a Partner Country whose location is situated at more than 4 000km from the EMJMD coordinating HEI.
- Contribution to the Participation costs: up to 4 500€ per year for scholarship holder if citizen of the Programme Country, or up to 9 000€ per year for scholarship holder if citizen of the Partner Country.
Candidates in the reserve list (not selected for EMJMD scholarships, but selected to participate to the program) will have the possibility to join the Master program as self-funded students and may benefit from other scholarships.
For other questions, please refer to EMJMD FAQ:
Candidates in the reserve list (not selected for EMJMD scholarships, but selected to participate to the program) will have the possibility to join the Master program as self-funded students and may benefit from other scholarships. Self-funded students participate for free to all the initiatives of the consortium (spring school, welcome days, visits of labs/companies...) as the other students. Self-funded students have to pay registration, tuition fees and other common living expenses.
- Tuition fees: 2000€/year for self-funded students coming from a state member of the European Union, 4500€/year otherwise,
- Accomodation: about 250€/month for a student room, about 400-500€/months for a studio
- Food: about 350€/month,
- Other expenses: about 100-200€/month.
Other national funding options are available, and applicants are invited to look for alternatives.
Complete your Curriculum Vitae on Europass. Carefully fill the items relative to English proficiency.
Obtain certified English translation of your last diploma and academic grades. If needed, obtain a letter from the Dean indicating your ranking in the degree. You may also consider suggesting the names of two references (preferably after discussing with them to let them know your project and ensure that they are aware of your work, academic skills and achievements).